Developer can make plugins to extend existing packages. It is highly time consuming portion for a developer is the writing of reusable packages of codes that are often called during the main application – frame works.
It’s built in web server WEBrick by default, but they do use Apache or Lighttpd. Has excellent potentiality in loading the extension libraries dynamically with less maintenance. Ruby creates an environment that makes the programmers to work more clearly, faster and be more meticulous and highly imaginative.
Below are the steps to install Ruby on Rails on Windows:
- Download ruby from ruby site or click here to download the ruby installation package.
- Run the executable file with default setting unless you have specific needs.
- Open command prompt and run following command:
gem install rails --include-dependencies
It will take some times to install all dependencies. Make sure that you are connected to internet.
- Download the latest MySql and install with detailed configuration.
- Run following command to update ruby gem:
gem update --system
Congratulation! The Ruby on Rails development environment setup has been completed. Now you can start developing web application using Ruby on Rails.
You can see my another blog where I explain how you can create a sample application using Ruby on Rails.